Saturday, February 25, 2006

You think you know, but you have no idea.


So, in keeping with the craziness of this whole thing we like to call filmmaking, today lived up to expectations. Today consisted of waking up at 9:00 and driving to Austin to pick up the camera. We had a really good time learning about 35mm loading, exposure, and lenses- so much so that I think I've learned more today about film than I have in a couple of months. I also loaded my first $250 roll of film into the camera and found myself shaking afterwords because I didn't want to somehow screw up the film and lose $250. (Yeah I know that it's just loading film, but you can't argue with messing up $250.It was a big deal for me.)



After a business lunch, we drove back just in time for some nice Austin traffic. We setup our first shooting location above Baylor's SUB around 8-10:30 and wrapped around 11:15. All and I I'd say I'm pretty pumped about shooting 35mm. It was pretty over-dramatic because we setup 2 hours for 2 four second shots. All and all I was surprised with how well the lighting looked for the room. There is just always that hint of doubt when shooting film because you do not have instant results like video, but it adds to all the drama of shooting film..



Tomorrow our shooting schedule is going to be flexible, depending on our contacts and the weather. Weather.com has been good to me, telling me that we should see a lot more sunshine than we expected for this next week. It's nice when things come together at the very end.