Monday, February 27, 2006

Correction: 5:30 am not 6:00 am


Yeah, so 5:30 am was my wake up call yesterday. I don't ever recall getting up that early in my college career. We shot from around 6 am yesterday to 5:30 pm, breaking for lunch. Needless to say I woke up from a four hour nap at 10:30 last night. The sun rise over Lake Waco was nice, it was no beach or mountain sunrise, but it worked out ok. We got some of the weirdest looks from the fishermen that were near by. It's funny how when you have a camera people give you the weirdest looks or act like they have never seen a camera or crew before. I know it's not LA or New York, but seriously. We also shot a biking sequence in Cameron Park in the afternoon and every car that drove by slowed down and had to look for about 30 seconds before moving on. One guy completely stopped his "sporty" Dodge Neon, stuck his head out of the window and then proceeded to put the car into neutral and rev his engine for about 10 seconds to impress the crew before riding off. I was completely impressed, so much so that I decided never to film there again. If that doesn't describe Waco in one sentence I don't know what does.

Common Grounds was also very kind to allow us to shoot a coffee sequence there Sunday morning. We got some cool shots in making coffe and grinding coffee beans. Another highlight from the day was that I fell off the dolly that we were using. I'm cool. We ended our near 12 hour shoot shooting some UBC soccer.

Today, Monday, we completed camera mantinence, and we shipped off 200 feet of film that we shot this weekend. As I was taking the film out of the camera, I realized that I was holding around 2 minutes of film and around 17 hours of work all combined into 1 roll. We will get pictures from the development tomorrow night. If they are good, I'll post some. So, tomorrow will be the test to see if all of our efforts were properly lit and executed. I'm nervous, but I studied hard.